Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I'm trying to connect a 23" Cinema Display to an old dual 800MHz G4 "Quicksilver" tower... but it won't power on. The power indicator light blinks three times. I bought a DVI-ADC adapter but it's still not working! According to this website, the maximum resolution is supported.

I also found this Apple support document, but it doesn't include information about the new Cinema Displays.

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I'm trying to connect a 23" Cinema Display to an old dual 800MHz G4 "Quicksilver" tower... but it won't power on. The power indicator light blinks three times. I bought a DVI-ADC adapter but it's still not working! According to
Where did you get your DVI-ADC adapter and is it the actual Apple one?

I had an ADC adapter that just would not work on my dual 1.25 G4. I ended up having to use an ADC-VGA adapter (it was a Dell LCD, so that's not an option you have, unfortunately).

If you can return the adapter, I'd do it and scout around for a Mac-compatible AGP video card that has DVI to begin with. You can usually find them fairly inexpensively (at least compared to the $75 adapters).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.