Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Hi,

Getting a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera soon, I want to know if its possible to edit the Cinema DNG RAW files that this camera can record in Premiere Pro CC 2014? Do I need to convert them to something else first?

Cheers
Jake

3dadd

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
Pocket Cinema DNG support in CC 2014.1

Seems to work great. Very responsive on the timeline. You can also right click on the clip and goto Source Settings and access the RAW sliders which are White Balance, Temperature, Tint, Exposure.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Seems to work great. Very responsive on the timeline. You can also right click on the clip and goto Source Settings and access the RAW sliders which are White Balance, Temperature, Tint, Exposure.

Oh brilliant, does premiere detect the files as one clip or are they all individual frames? I couldn't get Premiere to work with some test footage I downloaded.

3dadd

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
Sees it as one clip

You have to make sure you are using the latest version CC 2014. It also sees all the DNG files as one single clip when you import using their Media Browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.