CinemaView 24" Display and Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by PetitBourgeois, Jul 1, 2010.

1. PetitBourgeois macrumors member

I've been looking for a monitor to go with my new 13" MacBook Pro, and I found a cheaper alternative to the 24" Apple Cinema Display that maintains the same design that drew me to the ACD in the first place, the CinemaView 24" display. I know that it doesn't have the same IPS LCD that the ACD has, but for $500 less I'm willing to allow a few compromises, such as the lack of an IPS LCD, no MagSafe, no iSight and no internal speakers. Does anyone here have an opinion on the CinemaView 24" display, or if there is a comparable display? I've looked at some of the Dell monitors recommended on this forum, but they're just clunky in comparison.

Since the CinemaView 24" does not have speakers (and also because I don't expect quality out of any internal monitor speakers), do any of you have any recommended speakers, that won't look garish beside an Apple product and a mimic of an Apple product? Thanks very much.

2. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

I have one and the only thing that kind of bugs me is the viewing angles. Other than that it works great.

3. fkntotalkaos macrumors 6502

Great monitors I will be getting two of them for my mini. I am getting http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/b-w-mm-1/4505-3179_7-34063342.html for mine sound. I will be hooking the 2 displays up to the Mini DisplayPort and a 32 inch led display to the HDMI port above the monitors wall mounted to watch 1080 P Plex and TV. IMHO perfect set up for my bed room, using the mini 2010. I have a Mac book Pro in my office i guess to get work done so, this is more of a play computer.

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I was also considering purchasing these monitors but I didn't find any youtube videos. If you end up getting this could you maybe do a review for people like me?

Oh yea and don't forget the most important thing to buy with this. Small Apple Stickers :p to go on the bottom

5. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

i did a review when i got mine
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9490979&highlight=#post9490979