Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Looks like Cingular might be marking down the price of the iPhone after all. This "glitch" showed up on this guys receipt when he traded in his Sprint BlackBerry 8703e for a Cingular BlackBerry Pearl. It's either a good fake or a pleasant surprise. check out the whole story here
cingular_receipt_photo.gif

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Fake, the math doesn't work. That receipt says he only paid $200 after savings. A $150 savings would then mean that the total cost was $350, which is way lower than what has been officially said by Apple.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
It looks like some sort of advert. Showing if and when you bought an iPhone you would be able to save $150 on a certain part of the deal. Because he bought a Blackberry they think he is most likely to want an iPhone when it comes out and so are trying to entice him.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
And no matter how cheap it is, it's still not worth it. Everything could be free and I still wouldn't switch because Cingular is that bad

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Off topic. I'm sure you could raise the money for your iPhone quicker by some other means in less time than it took you to set up your site, paypal, etc.

P.S. I didn't donate.

Do yourself a favor, spend your iPhone money on your wife and/or kids instead.

Tourist

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2006
Savings vs Discount

If it is legit, I would caution with the use of the word "Discount", firms like to use savings when they are comparing to something they wouldn't have sold you anyway,

The way I read it, the "savings" will be on the cingular (ATT) service, $150/24 months = $6.25 a month off whatever plan they intend to offer the iPhone on.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Fake or not...I hope they have some kind of a discout and I'm sure they will. Whether on the iPhone or the service plan itself, it doesn't matter to me.

glassx

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
the reciept is real, i just received a phone for my birthday from my mom and the reciept has the $150 iphone discount listed

Stadsport

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2006
Fake, the math doesn't work. That receipt says he only paid $200 after savings. A $150 savings would then mean that the total cost was $350, which is way lower than what has been officially said by Apple.

Uh, read the post. He didn't buy an iPhone, he bought a Blackberry, and the $150 iPhone discount appeared on his receipt by mistake.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen

And since when does math and logic apply when it comes to cell phones, carriers and the purchase price of the device? :p

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Womm

I just read an article in EGM about Word Of Mouth Marketing.

That's what's happening here...

It's an ad for the iPhone from Cingular. Then, it ends up being discussed all over the internet.

Free advertising for Apple and Cingular...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.