cintiq question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thegord, Jan 24, 2008.

1. thegord macrumors member

thegord

anyone have one for animation? i would like to hear some of your reviews or uses with em. im looking into the 12 inch model for animation in flash and motion.

2. vincmo macrumors newbie

Not Accurate

You wont like the accuray of the 12wx model...i'm trying to exchange it as we speak. It's good enough for ordinary people but for professionnal work, it lack accuracy.

Hope it helps.

3. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I have a Cintiq 21UX and I love it. It's really expensive as you probably know, around $2,500.

I started on a Wacom Graphire, and then upgraded to an Intuos tablet and used that for years and years, and have recently (about a year ago) upgraded to the Cintiq. I really love the Cintiq, but to be perfectly honest with you, I don't see the productivity jump or the quality of work much improved from using the Intuos tablet. The Cintiq is without question MUCH more fun to use! But I think I might have gotten a little "too" good or too used to using the Intuos Tablet. I didn't find much that I could do on the Cintiq that I couldn't do on the Intuos tablet.

Bottom Line: I love the Cintiq, I don't regret buying one at all, I love using it every day. The only thing is that in my case, It wasn't as much different from using a Intuos tablet as I had heard/read/thought.

No regrets at all though!