Circuit City liquidation sale tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Jan 16, 2009.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Anyone heading there extra early? Only if they sold Apple products!

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. These sales are run by liquidators, not CC. All the best stuff is already gone; sold to professional liquidators who resell the stuff. These companies frequently raise the prices so the discounts look better than they are.

That said, there are likely some bargains to be had but not until the sale is several weeks old and the discounts get raised. I still may pop in to have a look.

3. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I read in an article that when circuit city's deadline is up in mid march, all their inventories will be reimbursed of 70.5% of what circuit city paid for.

So I guess it gives you an idea of how much they are willing to slash the prices. I'm guessing roughly anywhere from 25%-40% of their retail price.

4. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Err, this is Gordon Brothers.

They're gonna show up tomorrow, raise all of our prices 50-60 percent, then start lowering from there.

Half the time they'll raise it all the way up to the MSRP when the product first came out.

Liquidations gonna suck worse than normal at making tags, as all of these will be handwritten. -_-

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I hope it goes well as the compusa liquidations, I remember walking in and buying a $650 home theatre chair for $200 brand new and a linksys N router for $70.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Maybe so but their prices were often below mfg. retail. For example, say a TV lists for $1995. CC may have tagged it at $1595. The liquidator will raise it back to $1995 and then advertise it at 20% off or $1600.

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I guess were going to have to wait and see how they do this. If anything they would like to even out for the prices that CC paid for because after the deadline they will only get 70.5% of what they paid for thus losing 30% which is a huge blow.

8. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Oh god, I went through this with CompUSA (I *worked* for them at the time and got an inside look at how Gordon Brothers does stuff..)

They are *EXTREMELY* stingy on the prices...they have like 2 associate days when employees can get stuff at a *minor* discount (like 10%), and they wait till the last possible minute to drop prices on anything.

They make sure to get maximum dollar on everything in the store and very few actual bargains for customers....and you better be there early to get whatever IS going for a good price....

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I should have picked up some stuff at the CompUSA one. They had Speck cases going for $20 and iLaps/elevators too. :(

Maybe I can get a new 802.11n router. My Buffalo one hates this ATT DSL connection but works just fine on Comcast cable and at my house sitting ATT DSL connection as well.

10. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I duno about you but when I went to my local compusa with their liquidations most of their stuff was 40%-60% off.

I bought those home theatre chair for $200 which original prices were $600 and bought a linksys N router for $70 when it was $129.99 at the time.

I told my cousin about the deals and he went to bought a scanner/printer from hp for $30 bucks.

I could have bought a new mouse forgot which one but it was a wireless microsoft mouse which cost $99.99 which was selling for $45.99.

11. GoKyu macrumors 65816

GoKyu

Ours started at like 20% off, and dropped like 5% each week, so by the time we hit 40-60% off, just about any of the GOOD stuff was long gone, and *not* at great prices....

I did get a few decent deals - Samsung 24" monitor for almost 40% off (including my employee discount, which wasn't taken away until like 3 weeks into the final sales), and my Bose Companion 5's which I got for around $250 (normally like $399+)

I'll stop by tomorrow and see what's up though.

12. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

The so called liquidation sale was a joke. Went looking for a laptop for my step daughter and the prices were about the same as usual. Some of the stuff I could get cheaper online.

13. brand macrumors 601

brand

What did you expect? Seriously.

14. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That would be because online shopping is better... always.