Circuit City Protection Plan?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MBHockey, Oct 14, 2007.

1. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I bought a head unit from Circuit City (that they installed) for my car two years ago. I purchased the 15 dollar protection plan at that time. I have two months left on the warranty. Recently, my head unit went bad. I have an appointment on friday morning for them to look at it.

My question is this:

They no longer sell the model I have, but it has been upgraded to a slightly more expensive model. If they do replace the unit because they can't fix it, do i have to pay the difference? I tried locating the terms and conditions of the circuit city protection plan but i cannot seem to do so. All i have is my receipt that says when my warranty is valid until.

2. d_and_n5000 macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

Actually, I've had to redeem my Circuit City extended warranties twice(bad iPods), and they give you a gift card for the original value of the item, including tax. So, in a way, if you get the replacement, you will be paying the difference.

3. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I work at Circuit City.

I'm not sure if decks are on a replacement plan, or a service unit. If it's a replacement plan, they'll give you fair market value on the deck or offer you something comparable. Otherwise, they'll send your deck out for service.

4. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Is there any way you could check? I'd just really like to know before i go on Friday. Thanks!

5. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Seems like it would have quicker and easier for you to just pick up the phone and call the store.

6. MBHockey thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

I should have mentioned that I was at the store in question and asked and they didn't know... Which is why I'm trying to find someone who knows, or could send me a link to the terms of the plan itself. I have no qualms reading legalese.

7. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

I go in to work in about an hour. I'll post back.

8. sushers macrumors newbie

just curious was this recently. I just had to send in my ipod for the second time as well. The last time i received a Gift Card but i heard/read that they had change their policies and that people who are sending in their ipods will be receiving a refurbished replacement. it's cool that i'll be getting a replacement regardless but i'm a lil annoyed that it is a used one and would prefer the gift card.