Circuitous- Yet another way to multi-task [Free]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Vandam500, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I've been using it for a little bit and its pretty nice. You can also set it up to go to the last previous app that was open and in reverse (Separate commands via Activator).

You can set it up to basically whatever you want to open the active app list. It appears like a dock to the right of your screen and is also scrollable.

Here are some pics-

Enjoy :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Reminds me of QuickDo (appearance), but with less functionality. You can get the same kind of appearance with quickdo's appswitcher, with the added ability to background apps, take a snapshot, bring up ipod controls, etc. from the bar. If they added an ability to launch a specific app, it'd be golden.

3. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

Does scrolling down the list show you previews of the open apps?

4. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yeah it shows you the other apps you have open. Since it only shows 4 open apps at a time, you have to scroll down to see the other ones.

5. bengtc macrumors regular

I just downloaded it and I like it more than ProSwitcher...its less steps to get to the app you want, in proswitcher you have to flick through each open app one at a time, this one shows you 4 that are open at a time and the scrolling is smoooooth.

6. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Yep it's really nice. Extremely polished IMO for a 1.0 release.

7. raven77 macrumors member

I cant find it in Cydia?

8. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

That's odd I just searched and it's there. It's in the BigBoss repo. Try again and also try refreshing your sources.

9. raven77 macrumors member

That is odd, I already tried refreshing sources. Closest thing I find when searching the BigBoss repo is "Circuitry slider themes"
    wierd...

OK, I just refreshed my sources again and this time it showed up.

Thanks!!

10. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

well i just downloaded it and scrolling through the list doesnt show you previews of your open (backgrounded) apps as you have suggested!

11. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I'm sorry I misunderstood what you asked. Scrolling down only shows you the other apps you having running but not a preview of what's in the certain app like Proswitcher does.

12. bengtc macrumors regular

A new update is out, I was wondering what changes were made, I know you can now access it from the lockscreen and it also displays available memory. What is the homepage of this app?

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

I like it

still getting used to it and playing with it. I like the shake and bake option. just because it's different!

14. bengtc macrumors regular

This is basically the same thing iphone OS 4.0 is offering.

15. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Very cool program...there up to Ver. 1.5.1 now. This seems to be alot better than Proswitcher.

16. atr macrumors regular

But are they ever going to make it iPad compatible? I really like it on my iPhone, but there is really nothing out there for the iPad as far as background switchers. This would be great. (I know, this isn't the iPad forum, have been watching there also, just not much activity in the iPad JB forum)

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

just give it time nothing happens overnight! ;)

18. atr macrumors regular

I understand that, good things take time and all. I also understand that it would be kind of hard to do this before the iPad was available and it's only been out for a little while now. I really don't expect it to be ready yet. I'm just curious if the dev is working on an iPad compatible version or not. I figure he/she has probably been buried in emails asking this question so I thought I would just ask here in case someone has already gotten an answer. The less he/she gets bothered the faster it will happen.

Or, I could just wait until OS 4.0 comes out I guess.... but the iPad version will be awhile.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

look what I found via google search http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnSzookqQLM searched Circuitous ipad I am sure multitasking ipad will have more. but try Ipad launcher!

20. atr macrumors regular

Guess it just shows that you should never give up checking - that youtube video came out yesterday. Thanks! All my searches came up empty but I haven't looked in about a week (my bad), figured I would just check the forums...

21. zvandiver macrumors member

I have this on my iPad right now. App switching works quite well, but any attempt to activate the dock throws the iPad into safe mode.

22. atr macrumors regular

23. zvandiver macrumors member

Version 1.5.1 which appears to be the latest.