Circumventing Form Submission Processor

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by memco, May 21, 2009.

1. memco macrumors 6502

I have taken over someone else's site, and the code is a terrible mess. there's a form that half-works, but for some reason the "thank you" page is AWOL. The site is built on a combo of front page and dreamweaver, and is referencing a non-existent directory. I can't really make heads or tails of the submission process so I plan on rebuilding it. In the meantime, this is a live site that needs to function without an error page. Any ideas on how I can manage to send the form data, but not follow the whole process through to an error page?

2. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Make a new form submission script and point the form page action at this new script.

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Pretty much. You either have to have to write something yourself, or learn the existing code well enough to intercept the problem and give a temp fix for now. If you're able to post some of that code we may be able to lend a hand. it sounds like it might make it most of the way through the script so it may be relatively easily to give a temp fix.

4. rickiac macrumors newbie

Maybe this will help

I use a cgi script provided by the host, but, after the code for the submit and reset buttons I have the following line to redirect to another page:

<input name="redirect" type="hidden" id="redirect" value="page.html" />