Circus Ponies - floating images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macbook yes, Jan 8, 2010.

1. macbook yes macrumors 6502

Is there a way to make the images able to be moved and not trapped in cells. Im studying anatomy, so i'm pulling a lot of images and diagrams off of lecture powerpoints and sticking them in my notes, but with them in cells, the text and pictures end up as a mess. How can i make the images float the way that they would in microsoft word?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Which application are you using to make your notes??

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Obviously with Circus Ponies as the title, the OP is using Notebook.

Try using Note pages rather than Writing pages or Cornell note pages. It will allow you to import and change wrap and alignment, but it is not as simple as moving the Shapes around the screen.

4. shutterstation macrumors newbie

I know this is a mega old thread, but I was trying to do the same thing and couldn't find anything that lead me in the right direction. I finally found a way to do it, so I'm posting this in case anyone finds this through search.

What I needed was to put several images in a single page in Circus Ponies Notebook, where I could move each one around in whatever order I wanted instead of they being locked into cells.

The way to do it... and it's not perfect, but works for me... is this:

You need to have a generic image you can use in all your pages. I just use a very small version of my logo, but anything will work. Ideally it'll be a small, long banner.

Drop this image into your Notebook and when prompted, choose "Add for Annotation". This will create a new page with this image in the left-hand corner. You won't be able to move this one... hence why it should be small and generic.

Now, you can drag and drop any image into this page and it'll be a "floating" image. You can move it around and place it anywhere you want now.

Hope that helps.

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Two days is "mega old"? Wow, what does that make me. :D

Thanks for the tip.

6. noxtos macrumors member

noxtos

Hold the shift key while dragging the image onto your page.

EDIT: You can even set a preference to make this Notebook's default behavior: http://twitpic.com/xwrqu

EDIT 2: Your images might lose some information (especially vector formats like PDF) because Notebook will convert everything to TIFF.

7. crispy12 macrumors member

Thanks so much! I was looking for an alternative to onenote after moving to mac, and CP's notebook seemed like a acceptable compromise. I really missed the quick clipping and pasting feature of Onenote, but with Skitch and your instructions I have managed to do almost the same thing :) Thanks

8. dash205 macrumors newbie

floating images

focus on shapes (command-option-s) then drag your image onto the page. use same command to un focus on shapes

9. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Well it is now! :D