CIS 100 success!

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
In the class of Computer Information Systems 100 and we have to take a litte quiz on what we know so far. No grades, just an assessment. Well there's this software for Windows called SimNet that the teachers use that can mimick certain software or an OS interface (Windows mostly) and grades on how you perform in it. In the basic computer skills quiz, it showed three computers, one was running Windows, another was running Linux and the last was the Mac. The question was which one was running Mac OS X. This is the only time that I beleive that my University will ever mention this so-called "Mac OS X". So I had to get it right. i selected the older-looking iMac and said I was right!! W00T!!

In another quiz it was seeing what my skill in the Windows OS was. I kept pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL for all the answers and didn't respond. Figures.

Example

Q: Minimize the window
My A: CTRL-ALT-DEL

Nothing happens. Wow this OS simulation is so real!!!

sulhaq

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2006
Cobgratulations on youe Quiz. My uni. has lots of macs but I always avoided them because the OS confused me too much. But now that I have a macbook at home I go straight for the macs at my uni. lol.

e-clipse

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2006
Nashville,TN
I remember being bored in CIS 100. I did learn how to break into the school's system by bypassing the password security through the dos prompt. I taught myself that because the teacher was still explaining the parts of the computer a 1/3 of the way through the semester.

Windows tip of the day