Cisco VPN client + smartcard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by yamushev, Jan 26, 2009.

1. yamushev macrumors newbie

Hi all :)
    Have some problems with access to my corporate network - standard config for Windows consist from smartcard reader drivers + Cisco VPN Client.
    As card reader I use Athena ASEDrive IIIe.
    Mac (Leo) include preinstalled drivers for this reader.
    From Athena's support have got "MAC OS-X PKCS#11 library for ASECard Crypto" - midlleware software.
    After that in Keychain Access utility I can see all certificates from my smartcard.
    But, when I try to configure access from Cisco VPN client - try to select Certificate Authentification - I don't see my certificat - list is empty.

You can see this in attachments.

What I do incorrect :confused: or, I need any additional software my be :(?

Regards,
    Alexandr

Attached Files:

2. HockeyDad7 macrumors newbie

Any Luck?

Alexandr,
    I'm having exactly the same problem. I have imported my certificates BUT when I go to configure a Connection Entry, none of my certificates show up in the pull-down menu for "Certificate Authentication".
    Just wondering if you've figured away around this problem.

Thanks,
    -John

3. SimplyBea macrumors newbie

Hi

I have had no luck trying to connect to my work server using the Cisco VPN client 4.9.01 (0100) using the security code generated from a RSA token.
    My iMac is on OS 10.5.6

Incredibly I am able to connect to the work server on XP Pro in VM Fusion but the connection is through IE running through (?) Citrix.

I would much prefer to just connect directly from the Mac - any help please???

TIA

4. bigoh macrumors newbie

Cisco VPN Doesn't See SmartCard Certs

I'm having the same problem. Anyone figured this out. If I can get this licked, I'll be MS free! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5. leopardus2 macrumors newbie

The problem is that Cisco VPN client does not support certificates from smart cards. No way. I used VPN Tracker 6 to overcome this issue. The product is worth every penny :)

I have a question for you, though... I am searching for the same PKCS#11 library for MAC, can you tell me where I can find it? At least which email I should ask to? :)

Thanks
    Rick