Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IAmNotDonaldTrump

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Does this actually work? Looking to get an iPad but it would really only justify itself if I could access citrix remote desktop on it. I would also need it to work without some mouse accessory or another thing I have to carry around.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I had it on a personal iPad... It was pretty much un-useable for me. More trouble than it was worth imo. It would access the desktop but was very limited in what you could do at that point.

Skidoo03

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
I use citrix for work to connect to my machine that stays at work on my desk and thought it worked well enough and as I expected. Parallels access was another option I have used with a positive experience.

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
I got it to work and it looked fine. But with the kind of work I do (IT, programming) it was tough on that small a screen.

Skidoo03

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Same situation here. As a sys admin and doing remote work such as when on call can be tough but it's enough to get the job done.

ilugram

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
I don't have an iPad at the moment but use Citrix all the time on my 6 Plus. Although not as useful on a small screen I am definitely able to get access to work apps and get the info I need. With an iPad, add a bluetooth keyboard and you are set for at least basic needs.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
I used it on my ipad pro 9.7 and smart keyboard. I also used x1 citrix mouse and besides smaller screen it was actually pretty usable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.