Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generalpatton47

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
i bought the civ 4 expansion pack for the mac and the original civ 4 works great on it the packs beyond the sword and colonization both start up but in beyond the sword it only lasts a few turns then the game crashes. For colonization it lets me play anywhere from 20-100 turns and then freezes my whole computer.
Finally warlords pack wont even download it says it downloads takes one second and then says it finishes and when i click on it to play it it says corrupted files. I dont know how to fix it anyideas?

I have the mac 10.6.8

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
i bought the civ 4 expansion pack for the mac and the original civ 4 works great on it the packs beyond the sword and colonization both start up but in beyond the sword it only lasts a few turns then the game crashes. For colonization it lets me play anywhere from 20-100 turns and then freezes my whole computer.
Finally warlords pack wont even download it says it downloads takes one second and then says it finishes and when i click on it to play it it says corrupted files. I dont know how to fix it anyideas?

I have the mac 10.6.8

Why don't you check in civfanatics website too? Hopefully they will be able to help you out.

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx

I have the mac 10.6.8

Hey General, have you contacted our support folks yet? There are several things that could feasibly cause this. With your system profile provided, they should be able to get you up and running. http://support.aspyr.com/home

generalpatton47

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
i contact steam and they said to talk to a third party b/c they dont handle tect support for that game. would i just post a new thread on that website?

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
Yes, Aspyr is responsible for providing you customer support for Civ IV on the Mac.

Go to http://support.aspyr.com/home and start a ticket. With a system profile, our support team should be able to get you up and running. If you don't know how to get your profile, don't worry they will walk you through the simple process.

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.