Civ Rev on iPhone Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by admo, Oct 13, 2009.

1. admo macrumors member

I am very new to this game, and the franchise in general. One problem I encountered in my last game was such:

I would often have 4 or more units stacked on a tile. (for example 3 horseman armies and a gauntlet army). They all have been given the order to defend. But if I wanted to give a new order to the gauntlet, I would be unable to select it. The stacking menu on the left side of the screen would show the 3 horseman armies, and a small arrow showing that there is more stacked there. But there seemed no way to flick the list to select anything other than the horsemen. Is this a bug? Or more likely am I doing something wrong?

I am now on my second game, and am trying to make sure I don't have more than 3 units on any given tile as a work around.

Thanks!

2. klaxamazoo macrumors 6502

When you select the units you should see three tiles appear on the left. If there are more than three units, then a small (very small) white triangle/arrow should appear. Then you can scroll up or down to see the other units.

3. admo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but I already realized that. What I was doing wrong was I was "flicking" the tiles in the wrong direction. On my second game (which I won last night), I realized how to select the hidden tiles.

I can't believe I have only completed two civ games ever. My first game was on the easiest setting, I was the Arabs, and won by taking over all the enemy cities. Very easy, and won in the mid 1900's

Last night I played as the Romans and focused on Culture. It seemed clear I was going to win until the game told me it would end in 10 turns. My United Nations wonder wouldn't be completed for 13. :eek: I managed to switch the UN building to Rome, and it was going to be done in 7. Whew. With just a few turns left, I changed government from democracy so I could nuke Athens just for the heck of it. I also didn't realize bombers ran out of fuel, and they just all crashed somewhere over the ocean.

I am really digging this game, I look forward to finishing reading the DS manual to answer a lot of my questions (for example, still have no idea what roads are for and never built any until 1980 or so).

I am on my third game, playing on the middle difficulty, and am going to try and win by research this time. I expect to lose. I really need to finish reading that manual! And after a few more games, I look forward to getting back into Civ IV, which may make more sense now.