Civilian Labs or Waterfield Designs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nehas91, Jul 9, 2009.

1. nehas91 macrumors member

can anyone provide some feedback on which sleeve has better protection for a macbook pro. i'll mainly be using it for college so i'll be putting it in my backpack/messenger bag and i need one that has alot of protection incase i ever accidently drop my backpack or throw it. plus which one would provide better protection if i decide to use it without a backpack.
    I've narrowed it down to Civilian Lab and WaterField Designs (sfbags) but I cant decide which one. If you guys have any other suggestions, that would be nice too (something nice looking)

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://civilianlab.com/
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I've had the Waterfield sleeve for my 12" PowerBook over the last six years. Gives excellent protection.

Mine didn't have the flap, which would be an idea if you want to take it outside in the rain!

3. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I've used Waterfield sleeves for my past two Vaio laptops, and now my current MacBook. This time around I have the version with the flap. The sleeve is very well made and provides excellent protection with a very good fit. I also have Waterfieldd's Cozmo and Cargo bags, and the sleeves integrate perfectly with these bags. Highly recommended.

4. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I have been happy with my Waterfield Designs sleeves. I have four (Dell Latitude X1, Fujitsu T2010, Macbook, Macbook Pro). I also have a couple of their gear bags. They make nice stuff, and it holds up well to use.

No significant signs of wear, even on the 4-year-old Dell bag that my wife throws around like a rag doll.

5. Smoothie macrumors 6502

I've had several WaterField sleeves for my laptops. I always order them with a flap and with the D-rings, so I can use them by themselves with a strap if I want. Even if I don't use the strap, the D-rings make it easier to pull the sleeves out of a briefcase. The sleeves are perfectly sized for a particular laptop. A great product.

6. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

another voice in the Waterfield choir here! Their products are excellent!

7. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

I agree about the D-rings. I have moved away from the flap, but the D-rings are worth the extra $5.