Civilisation V - Anyone playing it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iFanboy, Aug 21, 2011.

1. iFanboy Guest

Just noticed Civilisation V in the app store.

Anyone here playing it like to give me a heads up as to likely performance and other observations since playing it?

I'm on the fence as to whether to get it. I've heard it's quite buggy for mac and has no ability to edit modes/scenarios etc...

I pretty much always create my own world as close to the current maps and civilisations as possible. I've heard that's not currently possible on the mac. Is that true?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. macdevgame macrumors newbie

This is the result when game developers make games directed at windows. Mac needs its own game releases.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well all I know is that it was on sale couple days ago for $39 or such so if you haven't bought it yet, you may want to wait for the price to drop (if it went back up to $50).

5. racketeer71 macrumors regular

It's been on sale at Steam with a 66% discount during the summer sale. So I'd suggest to shop around and wait for a good offer.

Be aware, that the AppStore version doesn't work with Steam and all the features included there.

For the game itself: I hate it. I play it for a while, cannot engage myself in it at all, long for CivIV after half an hour of play.

For the performance aspect: Another port by Aspyr. Says everything. Except your laptop to run HOT HOT HOT.

For the future prospect: Expect patches and such to be delayed anything between weeks and years, compared to the Windows version.

This thread ought to be moved to Mac Gaming.