Civilization 4

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by DouglasB, Mar 24, 2010.

1. DouglasB macrumors newbie

DouglasB

Hi,

I purchased and downloaded Civilization IV from Aspyr's GameAgent and love it very much. I patched it to the latest version to play with a friend online and now when I try to open the game it asks for the original CD. I never received a CD because it was a digital download and the disk image that I downloaded is still on my desktop. What do I do?

2. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Exactly WHERE did you get the patch? Oftentimes digital versions use different patches because they don't use DVD for distro of the game, whereas the retail version will put the DVD-check code back in. Go back to GameAgent

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

My guess is that you have to mount the disk image you downloaded. Just double-click it and try to run the game again.

4. DouglasB thread starter macrumors newbie

DouglasB

Problem persists

I have mounted the original disk image and tried, but still nothing. The patch was taken straight from GameAgent's website that took me to Aspyr. I have e-mailed both of them detailing the problem.

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

That was my next suggestion - I asked where you got the patch as I have heard of folks applying retail patches to digital games and completely FUBAR-ing them ... but since you have the correct patch it is time for GameAgent/Aspyr support to step in.

6. DouglasB thread starter macrumors newbie

DouglasB

7. Shivetya macrumors 65816

LOL - I ended up buying the PC version to play, $40 and it had ALL the expansions which made the cost the same as the base Mac version.

I would love to play under OS X but sheesh