Civilization V Campaign edition

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by grandM, Mar 21, 2014.

1. grandM macrumors 6502a

grandM

Did anyone try to play civilization V on a mac mini i7 2,3 with 16GB ram? No ssd attached. I'm considering to buy the game...

2. crzyhanko macrumors newbie

I played it on the 2010 server mini with 8GB of RAM and it was mostly doable with smaller maps and not a lot of opponents. I found it helped to reduce the number of city states that would spawn on the map. I've since upgraded to the 2012 base model with 4GB of RAM (really need to fix that) and it plays better.

With that game though, it really depends on how big of a map you want to play and how long you're willing to wait between turns.

3. Mengels7 macrumors regular

Get it through Steam. Try and find it dirt cheap on a sale for Windows. The keys get you both Mac and Windows versions and you'll actually have online play.

4. crzyhanko macrumors newbie

After posting, had an itch to play. Played a standard map size and thought performance was perfectly fine. Your machine should do even better.

I do agree that you should try and find it on sale on Steam. Also, the Brave New World expansion is really a must buy.

5. DavidG328 macrumors regular

Played vanilla Civ V for a couple months before getting BNW. Save yourself time and buy it right away.

6. grandM thread starter macrumors 6502a

grandM

I installed the iv & decided never playing the game again
    It's so darned good I was playing it for hours on a row :cool: