Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axemantitan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I saw an ad on this site a while back for an online game called Civony. I registered for the site, but when I tried to log in, I would get a "clock of death" icon. Have any of you tried this, and if so, were you successful in logging in? Does the game even work on a Macintosh? It's browser-based so it should, right?

Illicit

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I saw an ad on this site a while back for an online game called Civony. I registered for the site, but when I tried to log in, I would get a "clock of death" icon. Have any of you tried this, and if so, were you successful in logging in? Does the game even work on a Macintosh? It's browser-based so it should, right?

Just registered and logged on using Firefox on OSX. No problems.

bradleyhuber

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
Civony hiccups

I've played the game about a week now on a Mac using Safari. The game works fine on a Mac. it does, however, suffer from numerous "glitches:" inability to log on at times (apart from scheduled down time for maintenance), quirky figures. Also, right before one of my cities was attacked, all my stuff disappeared and I was frozen out of the system. In short, the game needs better security and better tech support. Also, the rules keep changing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.