Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new image of the packaging for the "iPhone 6s" has turned up online (via MacX), appearing similar to images of a box for the "iPhone 6s Plus" that were shared in late August. Both boxes showcase a koi pond-like fish against a white surface, suggesting the rumored packaging could be what Apple will use to box the next-generation iPhones, which are expected to be the centerpiece of the company's September 9 event tomorrow.

iphone-6s-packaging-800x600.jpg

The fish image has also begun rumors surrounding the "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6s Plus," suggesting the new smartphones will include a motion wallpaper feature. Similar in spirit to the dynamic wallpapers Apple introduced in iOS 7, the supposed update would bring something more akin to the in-depth motion backgrounds of the Apple Watch and will feature images from fish in a koi pond to different color smoke clouds.

Article Link: Claimed 'iPhone 6s' Box Appears Similar to 'iPhone 6s Plus' Packaging

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
It just sucks that they'll likely be keeping the 16gb version. The new motion wallpapers will be nice but I have a feeling a lot of people won't feel much incentive to upgrade, especially if you already have a 6.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
The fish image has also begun rumors surrounding the "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6s Plus," suggesting the new smartphones will include a motion wallpaper feature. Similar in spirit to the dynamic wallpapers Apple introduced in iOS 7 …

I'm really hoping Apple opens motion wallpapers up to developers; my Jony-Ive-swaying-in-light-breeze wallpaper needs to be a reality.

IveInTheBreeze.gif

Last edited:

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011
That white backdrop behind the picture leads me to believe that the screen will not be OLED. that kinda sucks. Hopefully I'm wrong
Definitely won't be OLED. There was never hope of this. This has been known since iOS9 beta was released back in June.
It did not introduce a UI shift. Settings, Phone app, Messages app, icons... It's all color space.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
It just sucks that they'll likely be keeping the 16gb version. The new motion wallpapers will be nice but I have a feeling a lot of people won't feel much incentive to upgrade, especially if you already have a 6.

Besides us on this site - Why would regular people be upgrading their phones every year?

These upgrades are time so that someone coming from 4s/5/5s cycles would be static to upgrade

Based on this chart there are over 200 million eligible to upgrade.

iphone-distribution-kantar-100413887-large.idge.jpg

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...rs-pool-equals-43-to-60-of-iphone-owners.html

AirlancerMZ

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2014
Would it work with having a motion wallpaper and the fingerprint sensor with the almost instant unlock? I think it would, if the rumors about the 3D force touch are true as well. Then you could tap the screen for the wallpaper (or even further information) to appear without unlocking

A new image of the packaging for the "iPhone 6s" has turned up online (via MacX), appearing similar to images of a box for the "iPhone 6s Plus" that were shared in late August. Both boxes showcase a koi pond-like fish against a white surface, suggesting the rumored packaging could be what Apple will use to box the next-generation iPhones, which are expected to be the centerpiece of the company's September 9 event tomorrow.

iphone-6s-packaging-800x600.jpg

The fish image has also begun rumors surrounding the "iPhone 6s" and "iPhone 6s Plus," suggesting the new smartphones will include a motion wallpaper feature. Similar in spirit to the dynamic wallpapers Apple introduced in iOS 7, the supposed update would bring something more akin to the in-depth motion backgrounds of the Apple Watch and will feature images from fish in a koi pond to different color smoke clouds.

Article Link: Claimed 'iPhone 6s' Box Appears Similar to 'iPhone 6s Plus' Packaging

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Like I said on another thread.... if the display is OLED then surely it would have been discovered/mentioned with the numerous screen assembly leaks that have appeared

Reactions: iapplelove
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.