clamshell mission control

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by cosmicjoke, Nov 9, 2011.

1. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

so it appears while in clamshell, if the external display sleeps, upon wake mission control uses the 1680x1050 resolution of my mbp, leaving grey linen for the rest of the pixels of my 1080p external monitor..

http://imageshack.us/f/249/clamshell.jpg/

the only fixes i've discovered is switching my external display's resolution to about the resolution of mbp (1600x900), which is not so ideal for a 27" monitor... or, i after each sleep if i open the lid to my mbp and close it again, that seems to fix it until the next sleep.

this is on a late '11 mbp w/ radeon 6770m 1gb gpu

not sure if there's a solution, but thought i'd throw it out there.... hopefully will be a moot point soon when i splurge on a thunderbolt display, but would love a fix until then.

2. cosmicjoke thread starter macrumors 6502

Solved

had an aha! moment and thought to disable the integrated graphics by unchecking automatic graphics switching in energy preferences... now mission control displays properly on mbp in clamshell after external display sleeps... tested a dozen times back and forth, so fairly confident the issue only occurs w/ the sandy bridge system on a chip graphics and not the dedicated ati 6770m.

so, if you find yourself in my shoes, give that one a go :)