Clamshell mode no longer works since Lion upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snaky69, Nov 9, 2011.

1. snaky69 macrumors 603

I have a bluetooth Apple keyboard and mouse with the computer listed in my signature. Bluetooth is set to allow to wake the computer.

I'm currently plugged into a projector with a DVI-VGA adapter, this very adapter and projector combination worked flawlessly before I upgraded.

Now the computer does not even wake when I press keys or click the mouse. Seems as if my bluetooth preferences don't work.

I can put the computer to sleep with the lid open, and it will respond with the lid open, but that stops working when the lid is closed.

Is this a bug or a feature?

2. Mersailios macrumors regular

3. ortegacarlton macrumors newbie

I forgot how it was setup in SL, but I know that in Lion you have to go into your monitor settings, and where it shows both monitor's side-by-side(and you can drag which side you want the external monitor to be, ie. top, bottom, left, right) you drag the white bar at the top to your projector's screen, and then that makes your projector the MAIN monitor(and your MBP the external), which lets you close your MBP.

It's how mine's setup at my apartment, and works fine when I close my MBP. I hope this helps :O.