ClamXAV won't update, error 58

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jethryn Freyman, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

OS X 10.5.6, Intel, with the latest version of Clam.

When I try to update virus definitions, I get the "Error 48, can't read database from remote server" error. It's not a router issue, and my incoming and outgoing firewalls are fine. No error messages in Console or the system log. I haven't changed any system settings, it just started showing this error about a week ago when I tried to update with the previous version of the Clam engine, I updated to the latest version, and it's still giving the error.

As far as I know, the remote database server is operating correctly.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I may have gotten that message in the past, but don't remember the error number. I think it involved me going to their web site and downloading the new engine manually. Currently though I can't access clamav.net and my ClamXAV can't do updates either because it can't connect to their server. So, currently I don't think the issue is on your side.

3. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

4. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

Thanks for the forum link, some other people seem to be asking the same thing, so I'll wait and see what answer they get.

5. Jethryn Freyman thread starter macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman