Clarifi or Capsule Neo or iSkin Solo or Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thenewguy, Dec 9, 2008.

1. thenewguy macrumors regular

I am so overwhelmed by the case choices!

I like the clarifi's looks and the fun perk it has. I love the Neo's looks and it seems to have the best protection of all of them but there are reports of some flimsiness after a few weeks of use. The Solo offers non-impact protection which I like, but I almost feel that if I'm going with something like the Solo I might as well enjoy the LOOK of the phone with just an invisible shield.

any thoughts on these cases?

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

They apparently fixed the issue and are now selling/offering the newly improvised non-flimsy/non-wiggly Capsule Neo cases. I love this case now. I have a Griffin iClear and Switcheasy Neo, before I swap them back and forth but now sticking to the Neo because it's now completely snug. The only problem probably is for the white Neo, discoloration or stains are mainly reported but I don't see it yet on mine (hopefully it was also fixed)

IS won't protect your iPhone from a drop.
    Clarifi IMO is for people who love cameras (not me)
    Haven't used iSkin so I can't vouch for them.

+1 for the Neo

3. thenewguy thread starter macrumors regular

that's definitely what I'm leaning towards.

Question - do you think the Capsule Neo would work with a full-body invisible shield on the phone?

4. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I have use all these cases (and many more), and I really like the solo a lot. Well made, feels good in the hand, and doesn't trap dust or lint at all. I also like the clarifi a lot. I'd stay away from the neo, as they are a PITA to put on. If you decide to go IS route, i'd recommend BSE over IS.

Just my .02$

5. Vincent. macrumors newbie

I agree Invisible shield has good quality but BSE is cheaper and easier to replace and apply.

6. descartes macrumors 6502

I have used both and think BSE is a great value.

7. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm not sure about that since mine doesn't have IS on it but you could look at the reviews on the youtube and view if they had shields or not.

Besides, that's what the silicon is for ;) It shields the iPhone surface from scratches.

8. Habakuk macrumors 6502a

I've got the clarifi today from the Apple's black friday offer. It sits tight and seamless and works (macro lens) as announced. I was afraid that sliding in the iPhone hurts the chrome bezel but the material inwards seems to be soft enough.