Clarification on Snow Leopard Up-to-Date Program

Discussion in 'macOS' started by isaaclimdc, Jul 5, 2009.

1. isaaclimdc macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

Just need a little clarification. Snow Leopard will be released in September and will cost $29 to existing Leopard users, and $129 to Tiger users. Will the DVD be the same for these two, or will the $29 version be just a "delta" update, i.e. you can't boot from it and install from scratch? If not, how do they differentiate between Tiger and Leopard users?

Also, I pre-ordered mine from the Mac OS X Up-to-Date program. Will this come with just a delta update or the entire thing?

Am I making sense?

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

You do make sense don't worry about that. Well I don't know if it will be a delta upgrade. I bet there is something in the software that checks the system for an Intel processor and Leopard. You have to buy the Mac Box Set with iLife and iWork if you run Tiger. The box set is a good deal if indeed you are running Tiger.

3. isaaclimdc thread starter macrumors 6502

isaaclimdc

I'm running Leopard, and the reason why I'm asking is that I always do a clean wipe of my old OS before i install a new one. I don't want to have to get the Mac Box Set for that. That's silly! I sure hope that is not the case.

If so, I probably could do a wipe install of Leopard and then use the Snow Leopard disk to upgrade if it's a delta upgrade disc.