Clarification on using Windows 8 Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tymaster50, Jan 18, 2014.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm gonna use windows 7 to upgrade to windows 8, would I have to reinstall the latest bootcamp 5 drivers or should it carry over?

So basically im making a partition, reinstalling my windows partition (deleted it cause i needed the space for my anime) and then upgrading to windows 8 FROM windows 7.

2. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

update for anyone who cares, i got it working using virtual clone drive to mount the image. First i went to windows 7, installed drivers and everything, downloaded w8, went through the long setup, and had to reinstall the apple drivers. Now its working fine!

3. tug macrumors 6502

hi, glad you got it sorted. strange how it seems you are always on hand to offer advice but when you need some.............etc.

when a while ago i was having probs with bootcamp you were one of the first to offer friendly advice, thank you.

now when i installed win 7 on mine i just d/loaded win 8 from microsoft and that was it for me. didn't need any drivers or anything!

then completely updated and then d/loaded 8.1 all updated and running perfectly.

regards, tug.