Clarify 4 me: will any store sell on 24th without pre-order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZZ Bottom, Jun 18, 2010.

1. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Sounds like an obvious yes, but I have been reading many many other threads that seem to indicate stores are only going to be selling iphones on the 24th that were pre-ordered.

Will there be ANY stock meant for sales without any hold or pre-order? I am planning on camping out at local At&t (no apple store in area). I know if I ask an employee I'll most likely get an uniformed lacky.

Can someone confirm for me?

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yeah AT&T will have stock but it will be based on first come, first served.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

4. troop231 macrumors 603

I'm guessing they'll receive around 30 iPhones for non pre-orderers.

5. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

The ATT store probably wont. I called my Apple Store on the 15th and asked if they will have iPhone 4's for people who didn't pre order and want the no commitment price (me) and he said oh yea, definitely. That may have changed. I recommend calling the store the day before and ask about their supply.

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Walmart did not take preorders so they will have stock - how much who knows, but they will have 'walk-in' stock.

7. sgosine macrumors member

As for all the last 2 iphone and the Ipad launches here in Boulder, they have always had a reserved and a general line for those who neither pre-ordered to the store or reserved. I would recommend trying to talk to a manager at your local apple store to verify that they will be following the same protocol that they have used in the past for similar launches. I would imagine this would be no different but it never hurts to see what your local store is thinking. The caveat to that: is many people are in the same boat and being towards the front of that line is KEY to showing up and getting one.

8. msavwah macrumors 6502

Confirmed.
    Visit an Apple store on June 24th to buy iPhone 4 on a first come first served basis.
    via apple store app

9. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

I'll reiterate what I said on another thread on this topic:

10. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

Dont Think ive seen this anywhere. but can you pay in cash? or the local mall debit card?

11. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Given what they did with the iPad and as hot as this thing is, they may do the credit card only thing again. Unless that decided not to do that anymore after that one debacle in the press where the old lady couldn't buy an iPad for cash.