Clarify a few things JailBreak Related

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bob Bob, May 7, 2011.

1. Bob Bob macrumors newbie

Alright.. So a friend of mine has asked me to jailbreak his iPhone 3GS, Running iOS 4.3.3. Now, I've jailbroken a few iPod touch's for people over the last few years, but I'm not sure if it's a different process with different things to watch out for on an iPhone or not.

So basically, I'm wondering if there is anything I should be aware of when I do this Jailbreak or not. I know three of the most popular Jailbreaking programs were updated over the past few days, but I don't think it really matters which one I use. (They all seem to offer the same functionality, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Thanks in advance :p

2. Bob Bob thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton for that.

Small question. His Iphone isn't Unlocked, so I assume this specific wall of text does not apply to me? Don't know if there's a tidbit of info in there I should be looking at or not.

3. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Absolutely.

If unlocking isn't required then you should simply jailbreak the latest baseband.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You don't jailbreak a baseband.

5. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

Original poster: you're right there's nothing in that text you have to worry about if you're not an unlocker. Just JB as iclarified.com instructs.

6. TC25 macrumors 68020

Since the phone has already been upgraded to 4.3.3, the unlock question is irrelevant. The phone is already on the latest baseband.