Clarify

Discussion in 'iPad' started by XrayTed, Nov 29, 2015.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

Ok I have an iphone 6s, if I got an ipad all the games/apps can be installed on the pad too right ?

2. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Not in every case, but in most cases yes. Though I am hearing the iPad Pro because of the much larger screen many devs are pushing users to buy again.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

You can create a backup of your iPhone through iTunes, and then select "restore from backup" when setting up the new iPad. Any iPad compatible apps will automatically install on the iPad.

4. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Oh, so there might be compatibility issues with certain apps/games ?

Won't be going pro, far too much $$ for me, probably used 2 or new air 4.

5. OTACORB, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015

OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Oh with the Air 2 and Mini you shouldn't have an issue. Usually those apps are universal and work on both. Though clearly not all.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

There's the occasional app for which there's not an iPad optimized version. For example, PayPal. In that case it can still be installed on the tablet, but it will be a scaled up version of the phone app which won't quite fit the aspect ratio and resolution of the iPad, but it will still function.

7. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Yes, you can install all the apps on your phone onto the iPad. BUT they may not all be optimized for the iPad. Like Instagram, you can get that on the iPad, but its an iPhone sized app