Clarity of iPhone calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by illusionmac, Apr 5, 2008.

1. illusionmac macrumors newbie

illusionmac

Hi Guys!
    I have had my iPhone for a few weeks now after having upgraded from a Sony Ericsson p990i and have noticed that the clarity of phone calls is really poor! -It's not the loudness that is an issue which I have often heard about.
    I'm fearing it's a hardware problem which is a nuisance because I've unlocked my phone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 firmware using the ZiPhone method rendering the device out of warranty. I'm using it on the Vodafone UK network and have brilliant reception most of the time.
    BTW, the calls sound great through the handsfree.
    I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced this and if there is a resolution for the problem.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

your device is not out of warranty, just restore it and you'll get it back to what it was. I don't think they woudl be able to tell i could be wrong tho. I have no problems iwth quality of calls, wouldnt that be a carrier problem? then again if it was fine before in your ericsson i dont know... i have no problem with mine, i do wish i could put it louder tough.