Clase all apps app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MikeonTV, May 1, 2008.

1. MikeonTV macrumors regular

Is there an app that will close all other apps running in the background? I know I can hold the home button for 5 secs and it will close the app I'm in but sometimes I loose track of what apps I'm running. All those open apps drain the battery you know.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Mobile OS X by default quits any app you are in if you go the home screen. The only background processes that run are, in case of the iPod touch, Mail checking when you're on WiFi and the iPod if you're listening to music and doing other things (and other miscellaneous system things, like the WiFi scanning, etc.). Everything else quits as soon as you go back to the home screen.

3. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm ok...thanks for the update. I am still concerned when I re-enter installer and I'm taken straight to sources.

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

This is because applications for the iPhone/iPod touch are meant to save their state, so that when you re-enter them it's as if you never left.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

What he said.

Also, installer caches the things for 1 day (refresh source automatically only 1 day after last refresh, instead of refresh every time you open to save time and bandwidth).

6. MikeonTV thread starter macrumors regular