Class action suit brought against Apple Re: MagSafe adapters

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by miles01110, May 6, 2009.

1. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...on_suit_over_fire_prone_magsafe_adapters.html

I had this happen to me a year or so ago. AppleCare covered it, but it wasn't the most pleasant experience sitting on my desk seeing sparks jump out of the frayed cords inside...

2. spidellr macrumors newbie

Frayed power cord caught fire in my lab

I had the same thing happen to me and I wondered what has been the result of the class action.

3. quasinormal macrumors 6502a

4. adildacoolset macrumors 65816

there are better ways to make a dollar. Seriously though, they've probably fool-proofed it somewhere buried inside that EULA.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

My daughter's MacBook MagSafe connector just died, with the infamous frayed wire problem.

The closest Apple store to me is about 25 miles away, but we were taking an out of state visitor back to their car nearby, so we dropped in just before closing to get a replacement.

I didn't have time to go online and research if there was a recall (I now believe there was, but only honored up until recently).

Anyway, we showed the blue shirt at the door the connector, and his first reaction was "Oh, too bad you didn't have time to make a Genius Bar appointment. You could've saved $30 that way."

What? Why? Would they have been able to give a partial recall refund?

And why would you tell me that, just before charging me almost $90 for a replacement?

We're not impressed with Apple stores at this point.