Class-dump-z expert needed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by patent10021, Oct 6, 2015.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Hi

So I have been learning to pen-test on iOS 8.4.0 and was following a tutorial. I've got all the tools installed but had a problem installing class-dump-z.

I followed these directions: "Once this is done, go inside the folder iphone_armv6 and copy the class-dump-zexecutable into /usr/bin directory. This will make sure you can run class-dump-z from anywhere on the device. Once you have copied the executable, just type class-dump-z. If you get the output as shown in the figure below, this means that class-dump-z has been successfully installed."

But get this output in MobileTerminal.

dyld: Library not loaded: usr/lib/libpcre.0.dylib
    Referenced from: /usr/bin/class-dump-z
    Reason: image not found
    Trace/BPT trap: 5

The manual is old so I'm wondering if the path has changed or something?

I'm in iPad:~/iphone_armv6 root#

EDIT: So I did some googling and read "Cycript and class-dump-z both work well on iOS 8 devices."

I also noticed that Class-Dump was already installed as part of the BiGboss Recommended Package. So in MobileTerminal I simply typed class-dump and low and behold it ran lol
    Although I notice that it says Modified by two people for Objective-C 2.0. How will this affect Swift code?

What version of class-dump-z should I be using? Do you prefer Cycript? How do I install it? Also are you using Clutch for decryption?

I've been installing via wget but I also have a copy of iExplorer. Should I be using iExplorer instead? I can't seem to find the root in iExplorer.

2. patent10021 thread starter macrumors 68020

patent10021

Ok so I am using SFTP via Transmit and connected successfully so I am able to see the entire structure which is awesome. This is much more fun than MobileTerminal SSH.

So now I can download anything from the net and install via SFTP. Problem is I'm not sure which class-dump to use.

Any advice?