classic 80gb or nano 8gb ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lubej, May 28, 2008.

1. lubej macrumors newbie

Hello

In our country classic costs arround 30 EUR more than nano.
    I can not decide what to buy. Classic has 10 times more disk space but nano has flash and it's smaller.
    Are this only differences between this two or did I miss something.

The second question is: do I buy now or wait till September. Are all new ipods comming in September or is there any possibility that maybe we can see new models earlier (9 june ?).

Thank you.

Best regards.

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

I like the 80gb for it's capacity 'cause I like to have a huge collection / selection with me.. The 8gb will surely fit in your pocket better and it's newer and cooler looking. If capacity is more important, go with the 80gb. Either way, Get it now to enjoy. Here's an option; get a refurb 4gb now and upgrade later when the new models come out. If you don't have an ipod right now, go ahead and get your itunes ready.

3. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Philberttheduck

well, if you like the hipper thing and don't mind switching between transfers for new songs/movies then get a nano. the nanos are ridiculously thin, and while movies are a nice add-on, it's really a music player (2" screen is really small) on the go, like snowboarding or working out. the lag on starting up video is rather minimal on my iPhone, so i assume the same, if not less lag, would apply on the nano.

i would get the 80gb classic because for 30 pounds more, you're saving a lot of money for space. chances are it'd fit your entire music library, plus a lot more movies. i have a 160 and it lags sometimes, being a harddrive disk, when switching between songs but it is more than fine because it holds just about all my movies/tv shows. the 80gb is still pretty thin, imo.

here's a tip. if you're planning on buying a macbook or mbp for school or whatever, wait until apple's back to school summer deal comes around. you get a 4gb for free, or pay like the 50 dollar difference for the 8gb or 100 dollar difference for the 80gb classic (via $149 rebate)