Classic Adventure games suggestions - the point & click type

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jbutterfill, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jbutterfill macrumors newbie

looking for some great point and click style adventure games that have been publishe in the last year or two - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. James

2. ironjaw macrumors 6502

Lucas Arts games: the oldies, amazon has a list of some old 90's like indiana jones fate of atlantis, the last crusade, etc

3. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Check out the episodic Sam & Max releases (you can also get a DVD with all of Season 1) they are pretty great and funny.

If you have access to a DS, Ace Attorney (there are 4 games) and Hotel Dusk is all you're ever going to need :)

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Wait.. "last year or two?" What exactly do you mean by classic? When I think of classic point and click adventures, I'm thinking of King's Quest and Monkey Island, or maybe even Myst... but those are all more than a decade old.

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Yeah, Journeyman Project, etc.

...I though the SCUMM engine used for LucasArts point-and-click-type games had been released as share/freeware, and any of the old games could be run on it. Try searching around for more details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCUMM

6. Foop macrumors member

Try Jack Keane. A Mac port was just published this year and is available from Deliver2Mac.com. There is a PC demo available if you want to give it a try.

7. FizzZ* macrumors member

geneforge is a good game

HEY!

i know a lot of adventure games although im into first shooter games like halo or counter-strike ... but i only like this adventure game try it out all!!!!

its called GENEFORGE .. i posted a thread for it and a link to download a demo and-its very cheap to buy, it has 4 versions but i advise to play the first one in order to the 4th

8. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

penny arcade adventures is fun if you like the comic (altho if you like the comic you probably already know about it!) and there is a mac version.