Classic Buckle design issue.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by redshovel, Apr 24, 2015.

1. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

Just observed that when worn the classic buckle does not sit flush with the watch body.
    Checked out a few unboxing videos / try on videos and they all appear the same.

Everyone else the same? I take it this is a characteristic rather than a fault.

[​IMG]

2. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

3. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

[​IMG]

Yes

4. ckiggins macrumors 6502

At least you got yours - my 42mm classic buckle is still stuck in "processing."

5. Mikwehttam macrumors newbie

Yeah, I did notice that at the Apple store. IIRC the modern buckle was the same.

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Same for my husband here in MD.

----

OP,

I am failing to see what the issue is. It looks great on you. Maybe your wrist isn't wide enough for the band to sit flush (assuming I'm understanding what you're trying to point out).

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'm not sure what you mean by flush. The band being in line with the watch face or the connectors sticking out a bit?

8. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Wow, no offense but that is extreme nitpicking. To be expected among the Apple crowd, I suppose. But still.

9. Blacklabel34, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

Woahh!

With the watch off your wrist, can you feel any movement/play between the band/link and the watch?

At the store during my try on the connections seemed to be rock-solid, didn't remember any play in the connections.

10. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

Connectors sticking out a bit......they sit flush when off the wrist and if I wear it very loose.

----------

Yeah there is a little movement of you pull at it as you would expect too!

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I still see it sticking out a bit when you lay it flat in the 2nd photo.

12. Blacklabel34 macrumors 6502

It's to be expected among any crowd when you are spending your hard earned money.

13. IllusionEntity macrumors 6502

IllusionEntity

14. jryu90 macrumors member

jryu90

I'm assuming you're referring to the connecting points where the band's lug/loop pieces slide into the case of the watch. If so, I believe that's to be expected. There would have to be some give/play otherwise it'd make it incredibly difficult and take some considerable effort to pull out the bands. The band's already have magnets but also rubber stoppers to hold them in place when connected to the watch. If it was a completely seamless fit, it'd be near impossible to slide the band pieces in and out.

15. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

16. KPOM macrumors G5

I have the classic band, and it seems fine to me. It feels just as comfortable, if not more so, than my old watch.

17. WilliamG macrumors 604

I don't have a Watch to test, but that seems like a "normal" tolerance, otherwise it might be rather hard to remove the band from the Watch itself without damaging the finish. Those are just thoughts, not actual knowledge, of course.

18. Sharkey311 Suspended

Defect fo sho.

Sport band is fine, Leather loop too

19. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

I am not in anyway saying it's not comfortable, just questioning if the functionality of my band/connectors is the same as everyone else's.

----------

Not convinced tbh.
    The more unboxing vids I watch of the classic that's just the way it is. Also makes sense what others have said re allowable tolerance to actually get the band slid on and off the watch.

20. sbharj macrumors member

[​IMG]

I can't get it to go flush at all, even if i try to push it!

21. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

With my watch in the same position as yours, strap underneath, I can't get it to go flush either. Only when the strap is out straight will it sit flush.

22. KPOM macrumors G5

If I look very, very, very closely, perhaps it isn't 100% flush, but then it could just be the reflection of the gap. In any case, it doesn't feel "off" to me.

23. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Switch to the link bracelet. No more flush issues :)

24. sbharj macrumors member

hmm i see what your saying, if I put the strap out straight and push up on the latching part it sits flush. The top part (buckle part) seems to be a much better fit and a lot more sturdy.

I think I can live with it,. Will probably forget about it after a few days, but I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed. It's not a flaw, agreed, but i would have liked the fit to be better.

NVM, hopefully they will fix it for Apple Watch 2 lol

----------

I really want the link bracelet but I can't get over the fact the watch is POLISHED stainless steel and the strap is BRUSHED stainless steel... why 2 different finishes!?!? does this not bother anyone else??

25. redshovel thread starter macrumors 6502

redshovel

I concur with your observation on the top part, mine too feels a better fit. Clearly this is just the way they are.