Classic buckle leather band question for lefty

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by matthew23, May 1, 2015.

1. matthew23 macrumors regular

I ordered the classic buckle leather band for my SS AW and wear it on my right hand upside down so the digital crown faces to the left towards my hand. Will I have to wear the classic band backwards or will it be weird to put on? Will I have to swap the two pieces?

Thanks!

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Not weird at all once the 2 bands have been swapped. I wear it on my right wrist with the crown on the left and it feels completely natural.

I will say though, try the crown on both sides to see which feels better for you. I tried it on the right for 2 days before swapping it to the left and now I can't go back. Being able to scroll easily with my index finger feels fantastic.

3. LiemTa macrumors regular

Why is this even a question? Just remove the straps and swap their positions.

4. matthew23 thread starter macrumors regular

Because if each side is not the same because the strap or buckle is meant to go one way then it could affect it. Like the sport band. Technically I am wearing it upside down or reversed because of the way the pin on the lower strap points. I didn't know if it would make wearing the classic buckle awkward.

Maybe you should think about an issue you might not face before your sarcastic comments…

----------

Thanks! I wear it the same way as you. I tried the crown on the right but it feels more natural to have it on the left.

5. LiemTa macrumors regular

If you turn a left handed glove inside out, which hand does it now fit on ? Can you answer that question?

6. beach bum macrumors newbie

I'm right-handed, but I wear the watch on the right hand and switched the bands. I found that the metal on the band was irritating when typing or resting arm on table-top. I would go with whatever is comfortable for you though.

7. matthew23 thread starter macrumors regular

8. beach bum macrumors newbie

Yes, it felt very uncomfortable. Even with switching the bands, it is still easy to put on.

9. matthew23 thread starter macrumors regular

And it's better for you now? That's exactly what I was worried about.

10. beach bum macrumors newbie

Yes it's much better after I switched, I think that you will be pleased. It took but a moment to get used to putting on the band "backwards." Now, I don't think twice about it.

11. matthew23 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that's great to hear. I appreciate it.