Classic Buckle or Leather Loop? (Black)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by PsychOK, May 28, 2015.

1. PsychOK macrumors member

I'm torn between the two, but I'm leaning towards getting the black classic buckle when my 42mm SG arrives. Can anyone recommend one over the other and why?

2. SpEe1113 macrumors regular

SpEe1113

It's really personal preference. Go to an Apple Store and try each one on if you haven't yet. I tried on the leather loop on preorder day and fell in love with it, so much so that I've bought 2 different colors and am trying to curb a band addiction! But that's my personal preference...you may like the buckle better... So all in all, I say try both on and see which fits and feels better to you.

3. L-Tuned macrumors regular

4. PedCrossing macrumors 6502

PedCrossing

I love my classic buckle, but the color of the lug will be different from a SG watch. Leather loop will look more uniform. You could always try out the combination in an Apple Store.

5. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

FWIW, the Classic Buckle:

I don't like how it is disconnected from the watch, where it's a normal watch strap on a bar. The leather loop (and other bands) fits into the watch itself, which makes it seemless. IMO that's better / prettier.

Also the little loop (on the buckle) where you slide the excess strap, not had much luck with them in the past and ended up breaking off (obviously not an AW, but these style straps in general) and then you have this wavy excess strap flailing about.

I think the loop is a much better design and is available in more colours and will be my "classy" strap for when I'm not using Sport Band.

6. Thiagordc macrumors 6502

Thiagordc

I have the 42mm with classic leather band, but just ordered the black leather loop and the white sport band.

7. horatio8 macrumors newbie

I have both. I prefer the look of the Classic Buckle and the smooth texture feels great on the wrist. However, I wear the Loop more often because of fit. One hole on the Classic Buckle is too loose and the next is too tight. I would suggest trying on the Buckle in the store to see if you like the fit (although wrist size can vary during the day).