Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
I wanted to see how CB leather reacts to BRIEF exposure to water.

I put a big drop of water on the band. Waited for 2 min...then wiped off with my shirt. As you can see, there was a very slight mark left behind (2nd pic)...then i use my finger to rub the area...and mark disappeared!

So, at least, the CB leather can be exposed to the element briefly (e.g. rain) and be OK.

IMG_9432.JPG

6710018c73dfe0c34dd93cd6f5d9fd86.jpg

24b30c26af0f36e5b30a47c987b68632.jpg

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
My question would be how the darker bands would react to the rubbing, say the Midnight Blue or Black. Those colors might show more and not blend so well with the band itself. It also depends how long the band would be wet for and how saturated the band would be.

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
My question would be how the darker bands would react to the rubbing, say the Midnight Blue or Black. Those colors might show more and not blend so well with the band itself. It also depends how long the band would be wet for and how saturated the band would be.

BTW, my rubbing is really just very light rubbing once or twice with my thumb. The test was just me wanting to see how it stands up to, for example, you having to run from car parked outside to a restaurant in the heavy rain, which happened this past weekend with my Watch...no damage. So, i decided to do an "official" test this morning. And happily, the test backs up my experience from this weekend. Whew...i was kinda nervous with the 2nd pic!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
BTW, my rubbing is really just very light rubbing once or twice with my thumb. The test was just me wanting to see how it stands up to, for example, you having to run from car parked outside to a restaurant in the heavy rain, which happened this past weekend with my Watch...no damage. So, i decided to do an "official" test this morning. And happily, the test backs up my experience from this weekend. Whew...i was kinda nervous with the 2nd pic!

The Saddle Brown is a really sharp color by the way.

Thai

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
Well, this past Saturday, i was playing throwing football around with my son in light rain for around 35 minutes. No stain/mark afterwards...looks like new (inside band and outside).

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
It may be somewhat water resistant, but it scuffs too easily for a quality leather band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.