Classic Buckle

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by roland.g, May 4, 2015.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

How wide is the Classic Buckle in mm. Most watch straps are measured in mm, 18, 20, 22, 24 etc. At the ends of the bands closest to the watch how wide is it?

Is there room on the piece that attaches it to the watch. What is the interior width of that U shape? If it is a 20mm strap. Could the piece accommodate a 22mm or 24mm?

Thx.

2. StophMac24 macrumors 6502

StophMac24

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/05/04/apple-watch-classic-buckle-band-parts-disassemble/

This should help. Looks like 22mm

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I saw that. And I saw that he put a 22m on. Didn't know if that was the size of the classic buckle as well. His replacement band may have been slightly narrower. Also didn't know if the piece would accommodate a 24mm band. That band seemed to have some room.

Most leather bands are 20 or 22mm. However I was considering a non-Apple link band in polished 316L stainless steel that would match the Apple Watch casing, offer some other options for metal band choices, and be cheaper than Apple's link bracelet. If a 24mm fit perfectly within the holder without sliding, then that would be a consideration.