Classic car poster website, any good? edit: AMAZING!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The-Pro, Jan 25, 2015.

1. The-Pro, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

The-Pro macrumors 65816

Hello everyone,

being a bit of a car nut / petrolhead I am also interested automotive art and photos.

I recently came across a website, which like me is based in Germany.

I was just wondering if any of you car nuts (i know there are several on this forum) have ever heard of or seen this website before.

They seem to have lots of pictures of famous race drivers and legendary cars.
    Photos of the Porsche 917, 956 and 962 are particularly interesting to me, especially printed on Aludibond for my little personal gallery, however given the price I am just curious if anyone else knows them, the quality of work, and if they can be trusted before I spend quite a large sum of cash on a picture.

the website I am referring to is: www.classicandmotorsport.de

I hope I am allowed to post the link to this website on this forum as I am genuinely looking for advice.

thank you very much

J

2. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

It's nice though limited....

...I prefer UltimateCars for historical data for my slot car builds.

3. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

Very nice website. Heaps of information but I was looking purely at high quality images for decoration :)

thanks for your reply

4. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

The site looks quite legit to me, but I think it would be easiest if you ask the guy if some of his prints are on display somewhere near to where you live so that you check the quality yourself.

5. The-Pro, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

Spoke to the owner yesterday and the exhibition that is written about on the news section of the website is still open every sunday. It was close to me so I jumped in the car and went there at like 7pm, he came over to open it just for me as it usually closes at 6pm :)

Its situated in this massive old complex where people can store their cars. They also have super valuable classics on display (jaguar c-type to mention one).
    The aluminium Dibond prints themselves are great quality and what I love about them is how unique they are. All those pictures were taken by him during his time working at Porsche in the 80s on an old camera. He scanned all the old negatives in and can produce posters up to 290x180cm. Didn't know you can get quality like that out of old negatives.

Ill probably buy 1 later on today from the website and report back on how it went.

6. The-Pro, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015

So I ended up buying two just now. The night time photo of the old Bugatti in very big on Aluminium Dibond, and a small A3 head on photo of the 962c with Shell / Dunlop Livery on Alu Dibond aswell.
    I will pick them up tomorrow or wednesday as they will be printed tomorrow

7. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Pics after you do please :)

8. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

roger that :)

9. The-Pro, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015

So I picked up the pictures today and I am more then impressed!

The picture of the old Bugatti is amazing, super sharp and the colours are great. The size I wanted was one of the biggest, 180x80 cm. It came with a great simple mounting solution. I trilled 2 holes in the wall, attached the backplate to the wall and the picture just hangs on it. Elegant and simple. I left the corner protectors on for now

The Porsche 962c print is only A3 but also on alu dibond. Also a great photo with amazing quality.

What I love about the alu dibond prints is that they make it feel real high quality, much better then having prints done on canvas or cardboard.

Very impressed and they even offer enhancing and retouching your own photos you have, and printing them, so you are not limited to what they have alone, but its endless.

Ill come back to them again definitely and I would recommend it to anyone out there!!! They ship internationally and have even have had an order form miami recently.

Attached Files:

10. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

They look fantastic, enjoy! Hopefully they’ll go up where you get to see them every day :)

11. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

They really are high quality products.

Ill have the company retouch and print out some of my own negatives soon.
    exciting! :D