Classic II with System 7 - how to run presentation

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by BigLynx, May 5, 2014.

1. BigLynx macrumors newbie

My idea is to prepare slide-show-like presentation running in dead loop on Classic II (Performa 200) screen. The simplest way seems to be do something on Keynote/OSX and export it to pictures (JPEG, PNG, or TIFF). Sounds easy but I do not have idea what software to use on System 7 and what picture formats/resolutions are supported on it? ClarisWorks is the only application installed on my System 7. I am not sure if Adobe Acrobat is available on S7 but if at all - open question comes - how to export compatible PDF file from Keynote?

Any ideas, tips?

Thanks!

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

3. BigLynx thread starter macrumors newbie

This seems to to be very good idea but file is 2.4MB what is more than 1.44MB FDD size. In my current configuration and contents of Classic System 7 (e.g. Network extensions are not installed - therefore, appletalk on serial will not work) FDD is the only way to transfer files. I do not have idea how to split this file to two floppies and then merge them on System 7? It is possible e.g. with the use of Stuffit ... but I don't have Stuffit on Classic

4. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Decompress the following to a .SEA (self extracting archive in 68K for older MacOS).

You may need to get "TheUnarchiver" for MacOS X to do this. Stuffit Expander on MacOS X has a habit of expanding these beyond the .SEA which we DON'T want it to do.

The .SEA is 1.2MB and should fit onto a floppy (I hope). This was achieved by removing the manual from the application's folder.

I've had to ZIP the file since the forum won't accept a .hqx file.

Attached Files:

5. BigLynx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you - it is working well