Classic in Leopard workaround?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Queso, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Queso macrumors G4

With OSX Leopard's release looking imminent, and the news that Classic isn't going to work with it, I was wondering what the chances are of some enterprising developer getting it to work anyway. I take it full compatibility for interfaces etc. is going to prove difficult, but what about just the ability to fire up the old OS and run some of the older software. Possible?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What news? Certainly, Classic will not work on an Intel Mac running Leopard because Classic doesn't work on Intel Macs. Where did you hear that the OS won't support Classic?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It also wouldn't seem like there'd be any reason for Sheepsaver or something of the like to not continue working (even on Intel). But perhaps someone will make the process for setting it up somewhat easier.

4. Queso thread starter macrumors G4

Low End Mac. Here's the screenshot they posted.

[​IMG]

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Actually, the screenshot was posted by a LowEndMac reader. He gave no information about the computer he used. However, this is troubling whatever the circumstances. I have mission-critical files going back 15 years for which there is no MacOS X-native application. If Leopard kills Classic, then I am going to have to keep at least one MacOS X 10.4 computer around to run Classic and to handle these files. An alternative might be to use one of my available Windows computers to run the Windows port of my mission-critical app. Oh boy:(