Classic Leather Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shancake, Apr 11, 2015.

1. shancake macrumors newbie

I feel like I'm one of the very few that have actually ordered the SS with Classic Leather Band. Originally I wanted to order a Sport Space Grey & SS with Classic Leather Band but only ended up with the SS due to large shipping times.

Do people not like the look of it? After trying them on myself, I really appreciate the SS with Sportband look and also the Milanese band which overwhelmingly see like the most popular combos.

Can people show me some nice photos of the Classic Leather Band to help me feel better about my decision? I've noticed that video reviews don't feature this combo. Obviously with huge shipping times for all the combinations, i'm sort've forced to love it now...

2. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

I ordered the 42mm SS with Link Bracelet and after my try-out session I really liked the Classic Buckle black leather strap and will order one as well.

Perfect combo with the SS Apple Watch :)

3. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I just feel there is nothing special about it. Why not get a third party adapter and get one cheaper? It's nice but it doesn't have anything special associated with it and seems overpriced for what it is.

4. shancake thread starter macrumors newbie

That's my feeling as well. I don't not like it, I just wish I went with something unique that would've complimented the beauty of the watch.

5. jediuia macrumors regular

Here you go, pic my experience. Sorry uploaded from iPad and it rotated it.

Attached Files:

6. Wallabe, Apr 11, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

That's also one of the reason why I didn't want a classic buckle. I have plenty of watches and they all have the same basic buckle design. For the Apple Watch, I like something different. I like the modern buckle, the leather is thinner and softer on my wrist than the classic. It doesn't mean I won't ever get a classic. I'm familiar with it so I want to try something different. Maybe when the 2nd or 3rd generation of Apple Watch comes about, I'll buy a classic.

I think it really depends on personal tastes. If it fits and you like it and are comfortable with it, that's the most important thing.

7. MartinMuc macrumors newbie

I ordered this Combination i like the Classic Look but the main reason is that i Need the Size. Because alle other Bands i like are too short. I also backed the Click kickstarter campeign and as Soon as it arrives i will search a nice and Long enough Band for me

8. shancake thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pic. I think the thing that I don't absolutely love is how it actually connects to the watch...

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I purchased the SS with the black classic buckle as well. I like the way it looks - classic, smart and understated. I may purchase later the link bracelet since I like those bands as well, but I prefer the look of the classic buckle to the buckle-less leather loop.

I do like the look of the Milanese loop, but I was worried the magnet wouldn't be strong enough to be secure. And my suspicions were proven right after my try-on session.

10. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I just think the Classic Leather was just not on anyone's radar because it is just that. A classic watch look. All of the talk was about the loops and the link.

When I was choosing I settled pretty early on the SS Link but scared myself a little because it goes to 205mm and I am at that exact length so I was fearful it might be too tight to wear all day.

Just a few hours before the store went down I decided to take a hard look at all of the options again. I had never even given that one a strong look before. I decided it was my favorite and my favorites order was Classic Leather, Link, White Sport, Black Sport. If I got the leather or link I was going to add the Green Sport (no need if I got either other sport).

I had a wonderful surprise when the store came up and my favorite was the fastest one shipping. (It is STILL my favorite)

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

12. Titleist macrumors regular

Titleist

I ordered SS with classic leather as well. I really just wanted something that didn't scream "look at me! I bought the Apple Watch". The milanese (sp?) is unique, but somewhat "too much" for my taste. It really just comes down to what I'm wearing. If I decide to throw on a t-shirt and shorts, I feel like the milanese would look out of place. Leather is one of those all around looks that you can get away with, with just about any style. If later I want to snag a milanese, then I will. I wouldn't sketch too much. You got a freaking $700 watch. Quit worrying about what some else got, and if you fit in. Do you homie.:cool:

13. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

I agree. Understated and tasteful. I'll wear my green sport when I want to be noticed.

14. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I'd be pretty happy if the modern buckle had a 42m version (the edition does) so instead I went with two leather loops: black and blue. I'll probably buy a classic buckle when I can get it from a third party.

15. Wallabe, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

Wallabe macrumors 6502a

I am actually surprise why Apple didn't make it available for both sizes, for both the modern buckle and the leather loop. The width of the modern buckle and the classic bucke leather is similar.

Had I fit in the 42mm perfectly, I still would have wanted the modern buckle as well.

16. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

I bought the black classic band for my stainless 42. My only complaint is that it's not available in brown for that size. I don't wear black shoes and belts, pretty much all my shoes and boots are brown except for my tennis shoes. Hopefully some aftermarket brown band can be fitted.

17. Primus84 macrumors 6502

How so? My try-on session gave me the exact opposite experience!

18. Kovich macrumors newbie

42 SS for me as well with the classic buckle. I like the modernity of the actual watch contrasted with the classic tradition of the buckle. Think it will go better with my sober suits at work as well. Got a blue sport as extra for running and would like a modern buckle in brown for weekends if only they would make one for the 42.

19. JhawkLive macrumors newbie

Classic

Classic is my favorite band. It will look great casual, shorts and t-shirt, as well as with a suit.
    image.jpg

20. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

This is also one of my favorites. It is what I ordered.

Attached Files:

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

42 SS classic on order here too! But ordered a sport band for hot, humid conditions.

22. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

42 ss classic here too. In my opinion it was the nicest looking. Also I have large wrists and it was the biggest option.

23. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I put my wrist in to my jeans pocket (I asked if I could, first) and the magnet caught on the edge seam of the pocket and slipped.

Granted it's not going to slip without direct force, but knowing myself, having it slip would bother me.

The leather loop didn't slip at all since each individual segment is magnetized. Much stronger seal.

24. cardfan macrumors 65816

I liked both the loop (didn't think I would) and classic. Got one of each. Brown loop and obviously black classic.

Loop feels better on IMO. Classic looks better but still comfortable. If I had to pick one, it's the classic.