Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
Okay, this is literally the only forum left on the internet where I identify as "macquariumguy." I was not the first make one, but as far as I know I did build the most and easily the best Macquariums ever.

Sadly, my last Macquarium build was 20 years ago. I want to do another and make a proper video. I need a donor Mac. Preferably one that's already broken 'cause I'm gonna mess it up. It can even be ugly, 'cause I can paint it. I've got 2 dozen old Macs but they've all been turned into planters so not useful for my project.

If you have such a Mac (128/512/Plus/SE/SE30/Classic) that I can get delivered to my door for $100 or less, let me know.

As a sweetener for the deal, you might be able to negotiate ownership of the completed Macquarium. I certainly don't need another one. Let's talk!

Last edited:
Reactions: reukiodo

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Does yellowing bother you?

It will be a week or two before I can get to where I need to get it, but IIRC I have a pair of Classics that I've been meaning to turn into one. One of them works perfectly but is really yellow. The other is cosmetically nice but has a battery-burned and probably unsalvageable LoBo. If I haven't already done it, I've been meaning to transplant the good LoBo into the good case.

Ideally I'd like to save the CRT, analog board, and drives. Would just an "empty case" with the sheet metal brackets suffice?

No promises on how easily I can get to any of this, but I can probably supply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.