Classic Macintosh

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by macfan74318, Apr 10, 2012.

1. macfan74318 macrumors member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some suggestion on where I can find a classic Mac (128k, 512, SE/30, Classic). I have searched eBay but the prices are just way to high, I was wondering if anyone was willing to part with one (PM possible $) or if anyone knew where to find one.

I would like one for two purposes, to have a great piece of Apple's History and to have a dedicated writing machine, because on my Macbook Pro I get distracted easily but on the classic Macintosh, it creates a workspace so I can focus on my content.

Thanks,
    macfan74318

2. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Depending on where you live - Craigslist can be a good option since shipping won't be an issue. I see vintage Macs pop up around here from time to time. Otherwise you might want to hit up the folks at the 68kmla:

http://68kmla.org/

If you're looking for a writing machine, you might want to hunt for an SE or later - many people find the original Macintosh keyboard to be clunky for heavy duty typing, at least by today's standards. Having an ADB equipped Mac gives you more options in that regard.

3. macfan74318 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

I will make sure to look into those, I really hope I can get one of these machines soon. They are a classic. Also thanks for the keyboard help.

macfan74318

4. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I know what you mean - I've got a Mac Classic with System 6 that I used to do a lot of word processing on, because there was so little to distract you.(Though I did catch myself playing Word Munchers a little too often. :p) But, it can be a bit of a pain to get the files created on it transfered to a newer machine, and I found that it really wasn't worth the trouble for the frivolous documents I created.