Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddogsrfr81

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
I just bought this Friday, but noticed yesterday and today battery stays at 99%. It's only ran off battery a few hours Friday. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

All my other apple products go to 100%.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
I just bought this Friday, but noticed yesterday and today battery stays at 99%. It's only ran off battery a few hours Friday. Should I be concerned or is this normal?

The full charge will be anywhere from 94% to 100%, the battery controller trickle charges and trickle discharges the battery to get it's juices flowing.

If it bothers you, unplug it, let it run down to about 90% and plug it back in, it'll go right back up to 100%.

maddogsrfr81

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2013
Cool thanks, just double checking things because I declined extra warrantees because I planed on changing ram, drive and optical drive so figured most would be voided.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Cool thanks, just double checking things because I declined extra warrantees because I planed on changing ram, drive and optical drive so figured most would be voided.

RAM and HDD/SSD are user upgradeable and do not void the warranty. Replacing the optical drive with an optibay adapter does though, but if you have to give the Mac to Apple for repair, you could always put the ODD back into the optibay.

MacBook, MacBook Pro: Replacing the Hard Disk Drive, transferring data to the new HDD

the guide includes:
  • 0. Identify your MacBook or MacBook Pro
  • 1. Getting a new HDD
  • 2. Guides to replace the internal HDD with a newer one
  • 3. Transferring data from the old HDD to the new HDD
  • 4. Using the optical disk drive (ODD) slot for placing an SSD or HDD inside the MB/P (OPTIBAY)

• BATTERY INFORMATION
  • BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE
  • AC POWER
  • CALIBRATION
  • BATTERY LIFESPAN
  • CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH
  • CHARGING
  • WHAT IS A CYCLE?
  • BATTERIES ARE NOT COVERED
  • BULGING OR SWELLING BATTERY

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

RAM and hard drives are deemed user replaceable and would not void your warranty.

The optical drive is another matter entirely...

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma

All Macs come with a 1 year hardware warranty - FYI

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.