Classic MBP- In For Repairs For The 4th Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XTRanger, Jun 10, 2010.

1. XTRanger macrumors member

I have a 15" MBP that was bought in 2007. Since then, the SuperDrive, the display, 3 batteries, and both fans were replaced. My apple care ends today and when I tried to power it on today in the morning, nothing happened. I took it to the store and they said the logic board needs to be replaced. I will be without a machine for 5 days.

Is there anyway I can contact apple's customer service to express my dissatisfaction? The apple care ran out and seeing how this machine has been in for service so many times, I am afraid it won't last long before I need to repair it- out of my pocket.

I was thinking of contacting the support number but I presume they don't deal with customer feedback...

Thanks

2. Ramphex macrumors 6502

Ramphex

What's the worst thing that can happen? You'll be in the same position you're in now? Might as well call bro, nothing to lose. Don't be a dick, make it sound all sobby and **** to get more pity :-D

3. blackwind macrumors regular

It's worth to give them a call and express your concern and dissatifaction. And ask them if they could replace or escalate their service.

Isn't somewhere said if you 3 repeated problems (been repairs the same thing 3 times) you can request an exchange?

Cheers

4. XTRanger thread starter macrumors member

It won't be the same position because I won't have apple care to bail me out. I am not trying to be a jerk- I just want to give feedback, that's all. I'm sure there's a way to do that... I just want to know how.

5. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

New Macbook pro a sign bc your applecare ran out?

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

zzzz his mbp is faulty to begin with...=_=
    doesnt matter on the length of time since his parts are being replaced constantly...

7. Inside_line macrumors regular

I think you are wasting your time, they do not give a ***** about older machines, but please do voice your concerns to them. I am pissed off about the relentless battery charging on these machines. I mean, I drive to work and back everyday with the machine sleeping and I have no way of preventing it from recharging everytime it gets below 95%. Why can't that number be user-adjustable? This destroys the batteries. 95-charge, 95-charge, 95-charge, over and over and over every damn day. It just "doesn't work", apple!

There was a problem with early MBP screens they fixed... mine was replaced, been great now. I also had a logic board problem, it was changed and has been fine, uhhh if processor whine is "normal". Superdrive and fans are cheap components, I doubt your on high ground arguing these components, but on the number of failures.... yeah, let em know your pissed!

8. andrew086 macrumors regular

maybe you'll be lucky and they'll send you a new one with a new warranty :D

9. xi mezmerize ix macrumors 6502a

xi mezmerize ix

Call customer service. I don't know how anyone could say that in simpler terms. The name is self explanatory.