Classic on Intel 4.01 does not works with OS 10.5.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Caribbean Mac, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Caribbean Mac macrumors member

We have over 300 users of a special land surveying software LANDESIGN 1.17 made for Classic OS9 and we were able to run it successfully with the modified Sheepshaver 2.3 "Classic On Intel 4.01" installed on OSX 10.5.1 on an MB Pro Intel but after updating to OSX 10.5.4, this Classic application it is not working properly in COI 4.01 The OS9 loads ok but when I tried to open the Landesign application from within OS9, a dialog windows display "the application could noy be opened because the application that was used to create could not be found" It was running great before. Is there any other OS9 application that runs in OSX 10.5.4 on an Intel Mac? HELP PLEASE!

2. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Quite frankly, I'd look at another company to source software from - its abandonware, given the state of the software companies website.

3. Caribbean Mac thread starter macrumors member

LANDESIGN land surveying features are not remotely available in MAC or Windows

The problem is that these land surveying and COGO routines are not available neither on Windows or MAC applications so we need to solve this Classic on Intel emulator to run this software asap HELP !

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Since your Mac OS 9 install runs okay, I suspect the problem is within the install. Try telling SheepShaver to rebuild the Mac OS 9 Desktop file.

5. Caribbean Mac thread starter macrumors member

I tried.... but it did not worked..

I tried rebuilding the MAC OS9 desktop and reintsalling Landesign application in MAC OS9 but neither solved the problem of opening this program

MAC OS9 loads ok but not this application within HELP!

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Have you tried double-clicking on the LANDesign application?

7. Caribbean Mac thread starter macrumors member

I did

I tried double clicking the Landesign application and reinstalling it but it always reports that it can not open it. The strange thing is that all other applications in OS9 open ok so it maybe that the OSX 10.54 removed an extension or something that doesnt allow Landesign to function?

8. stanza1 macrumors newbie

Classic on Intel

A related problem with COI. I have OS 9,0.4 up and running through Sheepshaver. I am operating OS 10.5.4. I downloaded COI V4. I have transferred classic files to the disk volumes but I cannot start any applications in OS 9, Any suggestions